Homeowner’s Insurance Premiums Are Increasing
Nationally, homeowner’s insurance premiums are increasing. There are a number of reasons for the increases including; fewer new homes (limiting growth), recent losses from natural disasters (especially hurricanes and earthquakes), and the cost to repair or replace (more expensive materials have impacted premiums).
These were identified as things that impact homeowner’s premiums the most:
- Construction – The type of residence, the availability of building materials, local climate, and building regulations all affect construction costs
- Degree of exposure to catastrophic losses like flood, earthquake, wind, ice and snow storms.
- Building codes – After major catastrophes like Hurricane Katrina or Superstorm Sandy, many state and local governments enacted stricter building codes in an attempt to minimize damage and losses from future catastrophes.
- Local economic factors such as new job opportunities, local political climate and economic factors as inflation increase the amount of insurance premiums over time.
- Past claims – Those homeowners who have already had claims tend to pay more.
If you have tangible assets, you need the protection of a homeowners insurance policy. These policies cover you in a home or an apartment, whether you are an owner or a renter. We offer free, comparative quotes on homeowners insurance from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best possible rate. We are Independent Agents, free to choose the best carrier for your insurance needs. We do not work for an insurance company; we work for you. We work on your side when you have a loss and follow through to see that you get fair, prompt payment and service. Partners Risk Services represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies, therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price.