There is no question Texas has been hit hard by hurricane Harvey and our thoughts are with all those who have suffered a loss. Now is the time to think about how you will respond to the next big storm or disaster. Remember, some disasters are not covered under a standard homeowners insurance policy. Part of your planning needs to be a review of your personal insurance policy.
Flood damage is excluded under all homeowner’s policies. We can obtain coverage for you through the National Flood Insurance Program
Disaster Preparation Tips
- Create a personal backpack for each family member
- Develop an evacuation route in advance
- Have a pre-determined meeting place if separated from family
- Think about what your pet’s needs may be
- Would you need to build a shelter? Having plastic sheeting might help
A basic emergency kit should include the following:
- Three-day supply of food and water
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Basic tools
- Solar power source for smart phone
- Dust masks for every family member
- First aid kit
We are Independent Agents, free to choose the best carrier for your insurance needs. We do not work for an insurance company; we work for you. We work on your side when you have a loss and follow through to see that you get fair, prompt payment and service. Partners Risk Services represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies, therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price.