Company Holiday Parties Increase Risks
Your company Holiday party was going great, and everyone was having a wonderful time. Except one of the female employees said that a manager touched her and made un-wanted advances. Now she is filing an employment liability claim. This is a scenario that no one wants to happen.
Office Holiday Party Safety
- Limit use of alcohol; offer two drink tickets per person.
- Make sure you have food at your party.
- During the party, monitor alcohol consumption. Quickly try to diffuse any situations or displays of inappropriate behavior.
- Consider having the party at a restaurant. This is a good way to transfer liability.
- Make the party optional.
- Arrange for cab rides or transportation home for guests who may need it.
- Prior to the party, review harassment policies with all employees as a reminder of proper behavior.
- Encourager managers to set a good example.
- Consider inviting spouses, which is a good way to reduce romantic hook-ups.
- Know your state laws.
- If you have employees bring food, be sure the food is labeled by type. Some people may have food allergies.
As long as you don’t charge for drinks, your business insurance will provide coverage (Always check with our office as each policy is different).
We are Independent Agents, free to choose the best carrier for your insurance needs. We do not work for an insurance company; we work for you. We work on your side when you have a loss and follow through to see that you get fair, prompt payment and service. Partners Risk Services represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies, therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price.