Protect Your Home This Holiday
The majority of home burglaries do not involve violence or the use of a weapon. The average dollar loss from a burglary in the United States is just over $2,000, and there are over 2 million burglaries in the US every year.
Many people travel during the holiday season and we wanted to provide a few tips to make sure you come home that is safe and sound
- Most burglars are afraid of getting caught, and will only go through unlocked doors and windows.
- Thieves love to see piled up newspapers on your lawn. It lets them know you aren’t home.
- If a burglar sees that no lights are on, chances are no one is home.
- Attractive ornaments or pricey “kids’ things” outside your home can indicate to a potential intruder that your house is full of valuables.
- Cyber thieves hope you put your old financial records in the trash without shredding them, because they want to collect your personal information.
- Leaving your cars unlocked and valuables inside is an invitation to a burglar—even if it is in your own driveway.
- If you post your vacation pictures on Facebook while you are away, it lets burglars know that your home is unoccupied.
- People who fail to lock their guns in a gun safe are more likely to get them stolen. Lock all guns in a cabinet and use trigger locks as well.
- If do don’t tell your neighbor you will be gone, it is just one less person for the burglar to worry about.
- If you have a security system, use it 100% of the time. Burglars will generally not enter a home with a security system.
Create and maintain a detailed household inventory, and call our office today. We can provide information that may help you determine if you have adequate insurance coverage on your home and belongings if, despite your good planning, the worst case scenario occurs.
Partners Risk Services represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies therefore; we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price.