Restaurants, Bars, Taverns and Catering Services
Running a restaurant can be tough, but rewarding at the same time. Your restaurant is a meeting place for friends and family, and you have regular customers that are the keys to your success. But there are risks in running a restaurant, and you need the right business insurance to respond to your risks.
To protect your restaurant you should have the following kinds of insurance:
- Property insurance – Covering the value of your building and contents.
- Liquor liability – This helps protect you if a customer has too much to drink and drives and hurts themselves or someone else.
- General liability – It protects you in the event someone slips and falls in your restaurant or you cause injury to someone.
- Worker’s Compensation- Covers injury to employees.
- Business income – If you have a loss and can’t operate, this insurance provides replacement income for period of time.
- Food spoilage – Covers the cost of food that may be lost if freezers go down. This usually can be added to a boiler and machinery policy.
- Employment practices liability – Protects against wrongful employment practices including wrongful termination, discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Cyber liability – A newer kind of insurance that offers liability insurance for damages arising from a failure of computer security or a wrongful release of private information.
- Food borne illness coverage – This coverage insures against a customer becoming ill due to your food, or how it was prepared.
The restaurant business is a very competitive and complex business that comes with uncommon exposure risks. Restaurant insurance can help protect against many liabilities and we are ready to help you.
Whether you run a small cafe or a national chain, you could be held liable for anything from contaminated or spoiled food to spilled coffee. That’s why you deserve an insurance company with commercial restaurant insurance coverage specifically designed for the risks you face.