The FBI reports that in 2014 there were over nine million home property crimes in the United States. There are many things that you can do to protect your home from potential burglaries. Most homeowner’s insurance policies do cover loss from burglaries, but we know you would prefer not to have to deal with this situation.
- Get a security system.
- Be careful with your trash; don’t toss out personal information.
- Stop your mail and newspaper when traveling.
- Limit landscaping close to your house.
- Don’t advertise your vacation on social media.
- Leave lights on when gone.
- Always lock your garden sheds and garages.
- Use a variable light timer to activate lights inside your home.
- Lock your doors and windows.
- If you are gone, arrange for your lawn to be mowed.
- Have adequate exterior lighting.
At Partners Risk Services, our personal insurance products provide our customers with protection for their homes, automobiles and personal possessions, along with personal liability coverages.