Business Insurance Update
Most every business in owns business property, which may include the building in which you run your operations. Property insurance protects the physical assets your business owns – such as computers, office equipment, buildings, furniture, fixtures, and other property. Every business should have a comprehensive property insurance portfolio to respond to the many risks associated with property ownership.
We hope to help you indemnify a proactive plan in the event of a fire, theft, storm, or some other kind of damage that might involve your business insurance policy. There are a number of actions you can do to help get the best possible settlement from the insurance company.
- Maintain vital records
- Have photos of all buildings, major equipment, etc
- Blueprints- keep complete sets
- Keep at least 5 to 10 years of financial records
- Appoint key individuals as communicators
- Have emergency response plan
- Secondary locations identified
During The Loss
- Notify the insurer
- Protect the property
- Track claim costs
- Separate budget line items
- Keep records of all internal and external costs
- Make temporary repairs
- If you hire contractors or consultants you might want to get the insurers approval, if you want the costs covered under insurance
- Meet regularly with the agent and Insurer
- List and address key issues and concerns
- Note any changes from original design
- Will you rebuild or not?
- What might cause delays?
Partners Risk Services represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies, therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price.