Some Items That Should Be Insured Under A Homeowner’s Insurance Policy

No one ever wants to have a loss. Managing a homeowner’s claim can create some stress in your life. But we are here to take as much pressure off your shoulders as possible. A standard homeowner’s policy does not cover everything that might happen, but it does cover many kinds of perils. There are a number of items that you might want to make sure are covered. These can be added with special coverage as needed.

You have some limited covered for jewelry under your renter or homeowner’s insurance policy. But if you have jewelry over a certain value, you need to schedule it on your policy. One advantage of this is it is covered for loss while you are wearing it or if it falls off and you can’t remember when it happened.

Artwork, Sporting goods, Musical instruments
If you have expensive art, sporting goods, or musical instruments we recommend you document them. You may have an appraisal, but receipts and photographs work too. After a fire or a theft there is often no evidence, so your documentation will really help an adjuster reimburse you properly.

Certain pets or damage they cause are excluded from your renter and homeowner’s insurance policy.

Sewer, Drain & Sump pump overflow
Damage caused by overflow from sewer, septic and sump pumps is excluded unless you purchase this protection. It is usually available in amounts like $5,000 $10,000 and$15,000.

May 18th, 2018 by Partners Risk Services