Business Must Prepare For Continue Winter Storms
Winter storms will impact a large part of the East Coast starting this winter. We can expect continued storm surges over the next 60 to 90 days and that means businesses need to continue to plan for storms. Winter storms can cause damage to buildings, auto accidents and even loss of life. No matter how good you are as a businessperson and manager, there will always be circumstances beyond your control that can affect your business.
How To Prepare Your Business
- Make sure you have a communication system established to advise employees and clients of the businesses operations.
- Have disaster kits on site, in case you have employee on site for a prolonged period of time.
- Use UL-listed surge protectors and battery backup systems. They will add protection for sensitive equipment and help prevent a computer crash if the power goes out.
- Contact key suppliers to make sure they have plans in place to continue operations.
- Allow employees to work from home if their job allows.
- Make backup copies of all critical records, such as accounting and employee data, customer lists, production formulas and inventory. Keep information backed-up on the cloud.
We are Independent Agents, free to choose the best carrier for your insurance needs. We do not work for an insurance company; we work for you. We work on your side when you have a loss and follow through to see that you get fair, prompt payment and service. Partners Risk Services represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies, therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price.